Toni currently runs therapeutic gardening programs featuring healing and sensory gardens adapted to varying levels of client ability and participation. A custom 8 week program can be developed to suit your individual needs. Please contact Toni for a quote.
Toni also runs “Gardening as Therapy” workshops for staff development. Participants will learn all the principles of running a therapeutic gardening group. Training modules are especially suited to anyone working with disability, mental health, aging & dementia or rehabilitation groups. Individuals can also apply techniques learnt in a community garden setting. Diversional Therapy Australia members are eligible to receive 8 points towards professional development.
Gardening as Therapy – 1 day workshop ($185 pp)
- Introduction to horticultural therapy
- Purpose, setting & focus of a gardening program
- Selecting appropriate activities
- Setting client goals
- Using adaptive tools
- Reporting and recording
- Risk assessment & WHS
- Fundraising and sustainability
- Promotion and marketing
Gardening as Therapy – 2 day workshop ($355 pp)
- Includes 1 day workshop as above
- Practical simulated group activities:
- using herbs for reminiscence, tea and gardens
- nature hunt
- sowing seeds & growing vegetables
- succulents and terrariums
- Developing your own individual garden program
Register here or contact Toni for a flyer with details.
On Site Workshops
Toni will also come to you and run the above classes for a group of 10 or more staff and volunteers. Other courses are offered on demand as full or half day workshops. Topics include:
- Vegetable gardens in aged care
- Sensory gardens
- Floral arrangements
- Art & craft in the garden
- Designing a therapeutic garden
Pricing is based on program development to suit your needs. Indicative pricing for full day staff development workshop is $1500 + GST and half day workshops are $750 + GST.
Call Toni on 0411 579 778 for more details